Who are the Ohio Standards Advocates?
- We are a collaborative network of teachers, administrators, parents, instructional coaches, educational support team members, and education leaders working together to support Ohio's teachers by increasing their knowledge, skill, and confidence in making the instructional shifts that are central to Ohio's Learning Standards.
- We believe that all Ohio children should have the opportunity to learn in classrooms that are standards based and promote the instructional shifts including:
- Having regular practice with complex text and its academic language.
- Reading, writing and speaking grounded in evidence from text, both literary and informational.
- Building knowledge through content-rich nonfiction.
- Participating in lessons that focus strongly where the Standards focus.
- Following a progression where learning is carefully connected across grades so that students can build new understanding onto foundations built across previous years. Learning takes place in classrooms where each standard is not a new event, but an extension of previous learning.
- Experiencing rigorous math lessons where conceptual understanding, procedural skill and fluency and application are taught with equal intensity.
- We are a part of the broader multi-state Core Advocate Network supported by Student Achievement Partners, a national non-profit made up of educators with one purpose, to help all students and teachers see their hard work lead to greater student achievement.
- Direct connection to an immediate support system as you work within your own professional networks. Ohio Standards Advocates work in every grade level preK-16 across all fields, all types of districts, and participate in a broad range of state and national professional organizations. By joining this network, you will be connected to the “go-to” people when you have questions or need support, problem-solving collaboration, or have an idea you'd like to bring to life around implementing the instructional shifts at the center of Ohio's Learning Standards.
- Regular access to high quality instructional resources and the opportunity to participate in the creation of additional instructional tools that can be used across our state or the U.S.
- Multiple doorways that will allow you to stretch leadership legs and use your voice to support all Ohio students and Ohio's Learning Standards.
Add your name to the growing list of Ohio Standards Advocates and start connecting to the network right away!
Take 5 minutes to complete the Ohio Standards Advocate Registration.
Read Problem-Solver blogs written by Ohio Standards Advocates https://ohioteachersforqualityeducation.org/
Become a National Core Advocate